Pages

Friday 18 May 2012

Spicy Pork Belly with Brown Fried Rice


Ohhhh this is one of my favourites.  I just love it so much.  This is one of my creations I came up with over a year ago when I stopped cooking with white rice.  I just love the nutty flavour of the brown rice when fried.


Ingredients:

1 cup of brown rice
Olive Oil
2 heaped teaspoons of chili
1 heaped teaspoon on garlic
grated ginger 1 teaspoon
3 pork belly slices around 400grams
soy sauce


Fry the pork belly slices till sealed.

Boil water in a pot and once boiled add the rice.  I should take about 20 minuets to cook the rice but keep trying the rice as you go to see when cooked.


Once the pork is sealed, chop up finely Once all is chopped up put back into the fry pan and fry till cooked, or crispy- that's how I like it.  Once rice is boiled strain and set aside.


once cooked to what you prefer, Ad the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry off for a minuet or 2.  Add the rice and fry for a few minuets and add a good few spashes of soy sauce to taste.  Add salt to taste.



Serve.....


Images by me.

Match with Mudhouse Haymaker Merlot.  My Favourite Merlot right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment