Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Rose Sangria

I absolutely looooooooove Sangria.  I usually enjoy Sangria with friends in Sydney over a long lunch in the sun.  I team it with Paella and all types of Spanish food.  I always try and keep the food and wine that inspires me very close to my heart so this is a recipe that I bring out every now and then when I feel like celebrating. I love that it is crisp and fresh.  The berry flavours make it sweet and very easy to consume.


What you need.

  • 1 bottle of Rose.  I usually use Church Road or if I am watching my money Jacob's Creek (Shock horror to all of the highbrow readers that stumble across my blog.. Jacob's Creek!!!)
  •  Ice
  • 1/3 of a litre of Lemonade 
  • 1 or 2 shots of vodka.
  • Frozen mixed berries
  • Ice
The reason I choose the above ingrediants is because they work together really well. The frozen berries act as ice cubes while adding flavours to the sangria and vice versa.  Choose a mixed berry range that  incorporates strawberries, raspberries, Mulberries etc.  It actually is what makes this drink delish.
Method

Combine all ingredients in a jug.  Chill for about an hour then serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment