Pages

Friday 15 June 2012

Thai Fish Cakes

I have made these twice now.  First I made these with Red Cod.  I would recommend you do not use red cod unless you like fish that stinks.  They did taste really good, but that's only because the spices in the this recipe really knocks the socks of the fish flavour.  The second time I used Blue Cod.  Blue Cod is defiantly the king of NZ fish.  Having a great tasting fish made such a difference the second time around. I buy all my fish fresh from the Otago Farmers Market every week. Its cheaper and fresh, plus you can buy in bulk.  I actually think it tastes alot better than the stuff you buy in the supermarket, much more fresh.  You can make this dish on a budget, depending on what fish you buy- a good one for The Student Project as you could make this for under $10.

Ingredients

500 grams of fish (I used blue cod)
3 teaspoons of red curry paste
a good handful of fresh coriander leaves chopped
Spring onions chopped finely (even some of the green parts)
1 heaped crushed chilli






Method


Chop the fish finely and add to a blender.


 Add the rest of the ingredients except oil and sweet chilli sauce and continue blending. 




 I used a stick mixer which I would not recommend as it takes forever and is quite taxing HOWEVER, if you want the ingredients to be chunky and gourmet looking use a stick mixer or don't blend for too long

Roll them into small patty shapes, Fry in frypan till cooked.



Serve with Sweet chilli sauce



Images by me.





No comments:

Post a Comment