Pages

Friday 15 June 2012

Carrot Cake. A whole cake from scratch

As you can see by the amount of posts today, I am feeling inspired.  I am not cooking that much this weekend, I am spending it relaxing and catching up on my blog.  I ended up making a whole carrot cake the other week when we went to my partners parents place because I forgot to bring the cupcake moulds! I was a bit reluctant to do this, because large cakes and I don't mix. It actually turned out amazing.  I have defiantly nailed the carrot cake now!

Just so you know, I used the same recipe as the carrot cupcakes.  No point messing with something that works well...  The cake was sooo moist.  The icing was over 3cm's think in the middle.









Ingredients

 2 cups flour
 2 cups sugar
 3 cups finely shredded carrots 
 1 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon baking soda

 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

 1 cup vegetable oil

 4 large eggs

  



Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.  Spray cake tin with cooking oil spray
Combine all dry ingredients, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl.  Stir till all contents have combined evenly
Pour batter into cake tin until it is 2/3’s full.
Bake for 40 minutes poke the cake with a skewer to check if it is cooked.  If it comes out clean they are ready.
Cool for 30 minutes in in the cake tin then move to wire rack to cool completely.

Icing

2 tablespoons of softened butter
1/4  of a cup of cream cheese
1 cup of icing sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon rind

Method

Mix the butter and cream cheese till smooth.  slowly add the icing sugar and mix till smooth.  Mix in the lemon rind.  The add to the top of the cake.






No comments:

Post a Comment