Pages

Friday 15 June 2012

Home Made Chorizo x the pasta project

The rain has continued.  Yesterday it was torrential. I love weather like this in winter. I didnt move to Dunedin for sunshine!  So I am happy when it is raining. We are heading to the farmers market this morning to pick up supplies for the week. Mainly going for the San Fran Sourdough.  I must remember to take a bag this time. Didn't last week and the sour dough was too big for the paper bag.  Too big I tells you! It was to good and it has now been consumed. This is one of my FAVOURITE meals.  I discovered it in Christchurch when I was going though my search for "the best Chorizo in the land" phase. I am always looking for the best chorizo in the land...... 



Ingredients

250 grams of bacon
1 tub of Philadelphia cooking cream
2 egg yolks
450 grams of home made chorizo mince (see previous post)
shredded parmesan
salt
1 cup of warm water
olive oil for frying.

3/4 packet of spaghetti

Method

Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet.



Roll the chorizo mince in to small balls about 2-3cms in diameter.  You can use any type of chorizo for this dish, I would recommend using your favourite one. Turn fry pan on at a medium to high heat, use a splash of olive oil and add the chorizo balls. toss them in them in the fry pan a few times to seal them.  once they are sealed Once the chorizo is cooked set aside, then add the bacon.



  Once the bacon is cooked, add the chorizo to the fry pan then ad the cooking cream.  Once all the flavours have combined and the cream has cooked through add the egg yolks and stir through quickly.  Add the lemon rind.   





This will thicken up quickly once the yolks are added, use the water if you need to thin out the pasta sauce.  Only add enough as you need it, don't add it all at once. Make sure you stir the water through the sauce quickly to thin it out. 

Once the pasta is cooked drain and add to the pasta sauce, mix well




Quick tip- Taste the pasta sauce as you go as you might not need to add the salt.





Serve with parmesan on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment