Pages

Thursday 14 June 2012

Home Made Chorizo.

It has been freezing here in Dunedin over the last few days!  I have been trying really hard to keep warm but I am struggling.  Some say its my Aussie blood.  I just say that it is 4 degrees and sleeting!  Anyways, here is a recipe that I was shown a week or so ago and dying to make.  It was from river cottage, but I am tweaking it to make it my own. Who would of known Chorizo would be that easy!  I love anything with Chorizo, so to make Chorizo meat myself was such no brainer.  I don't know why I have not thought of it earlier.  It was only someone showing me a short of a TV show that inspired me to try this for myself. Since then my brain has been in overdrive with recipes that i can cook my home made Chorzio with.  Watch this space, tomorrow I will be implementing my home made Chorzio with the pasta project.



Ingredients

Pork mince 900 grams
4 teaspoons of smoked paprika
3 heaped teaspoons of crushed garlic
1.5 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
a good pinch or 3 of cracked pepper70-100 grams of red wine.  I used Jacobs Creak Shirz Cabernet.  Good for cooking.
1.5 teaspoons of Fennel seeds
3/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper






Method

Combine all and mix well.  Put into the fridge and let it sit for a day.  Try the mince by frying a bit up.  Taste and add what is missing. If its not spicy enough, add more Cayenne pepper, if it is not smoky enough add more smoked paprika.










Images by me


No comments:

Post a Comment