Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

Paua Patties


I need to reiterate that this is farmed Paua.  Its not undersized paua thieved from the ocean. 



As you can see from 2 posts ago, I bought some Paua this week.  It was shipped from Northland from a Paua farm so it defrosted slightly by the time it was delivered. That meant I had to de-beek and de-gut them that night and cook them the next day. Last night I had a wee dinner party with my bestie Tania and her husband Leo and decided to share my Paua with them.  My menu for the night was Paua 2 ways and Squid Ink pasta with a creamy prawn sauce.

 I teamed the Paua two ways with Astrolabe Chardonnay.  Teaming Chardonnay with seafood was a no brainer.  They LOVED the Chardonnay.  Tanz thinks this Chardonnay has converted her! It was the perfect pairing!



This may sound conceited, but my cooking is defiantly getting better.  

Now with this recipe, I chopped the Paua finely.  I don't have a mincer or a blender so this is the best I could to.  If you decide to mince your Paua, You probably wont need as much flower or eggs.


Ingredients

Paua finely chopped 
100 grams of ham chopped finely
2 rashers on bacon chopped finely
1/2 an onion diced
1 cup of flour
3 eggs
50 grams of butter for cooking
1 teaspoon of salt

Method.

Dice the onion, ham and Paua as fine as possible





Combine all the ingredients except the flower and butter into a bowl. 




 Slowly mix in the flower till it is at a thick and well combined. 



Heat the fry on medium and add butter. Use a desert spoon to put the patties into the frypan.



 Flip the patties once they are cooked on one side.  remove once cooked through.



Images by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment