Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Pasta Project- Blue Cheese and Lemon Pasta

I first tried something similar to this when my best friend Ali made it for me years ago.  She always comes up with the best pasta sauce combo's.  She is a Pasta Master like me.  So this post is dedicated her.






Ingredients

100 grams of blue cheese. (I used white stone of course :)) Keep some aside for presentation
A pinch of grated parmesan for garnish
1 tub of philidephia cooking cream
the rind of 1 lemon
1/4 of a cup of pasta cooking water
50 grams of butter
Salt to taste
1/3 of a teaspoon of nutmeg

Dried pasta

Method

Cook the pasta to the directions of the packet.



 Keep about 1/4 of a cup of the pasta water aside for the pasta sauce.  

Melt the butter in the microwave. Crumble the blue cheese into the butter and press/blend with a fork. 
Set aside some crumbled blue cheese.







   Add the pasta water to a fry pan on a medium heat, add the philadelphia cooking cream and the blue cheese and butter mixture and combine.




 try the sauce and add salt to taste. Add the nutmeg and stir.





 Add the pasta and use a pair of tongs to combine the pasta and the sauce.  Add the lemon rind and combine. Serve with a sprinkling of crumbled blue cheese and some parmesan.





Images by me.





2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend doesn't like blue cheese, what could I use as a substitute? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try bacon and chorizo. You should at least give it ago. It's not strong at all xoxo PS thanks for your comment! Its the first on this blog :D

    ReplyDelete