Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Ham Challenge Day 1- Ham and Pineapple salad


Ok, so I wasn't even hungry tonight for the first ham challenge. But when I took the first bite i was hooked! I have been searching the internet all day for recipes for ham/bacon that don't require man made carbs, Cheese, pastry and white sauce or a combo of the above (believe me it was hard).  This one I put together myself! So proud!!

So this is the Ham and Pineapple Salad.


Image by me.

Ingredients

Ham of the bone (as much as you want to eat in a salad)
1/2 tomato
3 slices of Spanish onion
1 x pineapple slice
baby spinach (as much as you  require)
Table spoon of olive oil
Eta Garlic and Chives dressing (low fat of course)

Method

Cut the ham into 1cm strips while you heat olive oil in the pan. While ham is frying ad the pineapple slice.  Fry till ham is crispy and pineapple is starting to cook (not too brown).  chop the tomato and onion and add to a bowl with the baby spinach.  Cut the pineapple into cubes and add the cooked ham and pineapple to the salad.

Add the Salad dressing to taste.

And there you have the best summer salad I have ever had.  I am now bummed I have given myself this challenge as i could eat this salad every night till the ham is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment