Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Ginger Crunch

Here a little story about ginger crunch.  Once upon a time I was working hard. Really hard.  I was out doing presentations for clients and in between appointments I stopped at a well known cafe in St Clair and bought some ginger crunch for my partner and a scroll for me.  After eating the scroll, I was still hungry so I looked at the ginger crunch.  Anyone who knows me well will know that I don't share things I really like.  So I declared the ginger crunch was not my partners anymore,  it was now mine.  Then BAM!  I bit a huge chunk out of the side of my cheek when uncontrollably eating the ginger crunch. Blood all through my mouth and 3 days of bruised pain.  I don't really eat sweets so I think it was the universe telling me to stay away from sugar and to share with others.

When I decided to make this about 2 weeks ago, it took me a week and a half to get over the horror of the bitten cheek.  We finally got around to getting the ingredients yesterday and joined in on the flat baking activities on a Sunday afternoon.

Just so you know, making ginger crunch is so damn easy.  If I know how easy it was, I would of made it ages ago.  For this recipe I made double so it would go further. A tip, you dont really need to do this.  We now have way too much crunch.

Ingredients
The Base
225g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ground ginger
150g butter, cut into cubes

The Icing
150g butter
60ml (4 Tablespoons) golden syrup
300g icing sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons ground ginger

Method

Preheat oven to 180c.  Line a baking tin with baking paper.  To make base, put the flour, sugar, baking powder and ginger in a food processor.  Pulse several times to combine.


  Add butter and process for a further 30 seconds or until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.





  Press the mixture into prepared tin and level off using back of spoon.  Bake of 20-25mins or until lightly golden.  Remove from oven and cool completely.





To make icing, put butter and golden syrup in a medium saucepan and heat until just melted.




Add the sifted icing sugar and ground ginger and cook for a further 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until smooth.  Remove from the heat and pour over cooled base.  Let set and then refrigerate till completely cooled. (it took 2 hours on my fridge)




1 comment:

  1. Do you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your man... that will trigger intense emotions of love and impulsive attraction to you deep within his chest?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, cherish and protect you with all his heart...

    ===> 12 Words That Fuel A Man's Desire Response

    This impulse is so built-in to a man's brain that it will drive him to work harder than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

    In fact, triggering this all-powerful impulse is so binding to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him open his soul and heart for you in a way he never expressed before and he'll recognize you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

    ReplyDelete