Pages

Monday 15 October 2012

Paleo Pasta

I am trying the paleo diet again.  To be honest I am not really sticking to it 24/7.  I am allowing myself a day off every week so I dont get sick of it again.  While I was off with tonsillitis, I went and did a majah paleo shop at the supermarket.  It was soooo fun!  I left with eggplant, zucchini's, mushrooms and all the different veggies I love. I also left countdown with 2 of the Bordeaux glasses in there coupon/sticker collection I had been eyeing up!  I was soooo excited, I am such a geek.

So on Pinterest I saw the spaghetti squashes which don't exist/ hard to find  in NZ.  I was/ still am quite gutted about this.  Instead I saw images of spaghetti made out of zucchini's!  Instantly I had to make this. 

I combined it with my go-to tomato and cream pasta sauce. It is sooooo damn quick to make and so healthy for you!

  It was delish......


Ingredients.

Zucchini- sliced very finely like fettuccine.
1/2 a teaspoon of crushed garlic.
Oil to fry the zucchini

Sauce:

Cubed eggplant 
finely sliced sun-dried tomatoes
cherry tomatoes halved
3/4 of a can of tinned tomatoes -Watties crushed & seived are the best
1/2 of a large white onion diced
100 mls of cream (you can use more, I just add more depending on the taste
1 heaped teaspoon on crushed Garlic
olive oil. 
good pinch of grated parmesan
Salt to taste

Method

Add the oil, zucchini fettuccine and the garlic to the fry pan and fry till limp.  Once its limp set aside.  




Add some oil to a frypan on medium to high heat , add the diced onions and cook till transparent.  Add the garlic and fry off till flavours combine.  Add the tinned tomatoes and cook for a few minuets till all the flavours combine.  Add the sun dried tomato, cherry tomatoes and cubed eggplant and fry till the eggplant is limp.







Add the cream and stir through.  I would taste the sauce at this point to see if you need to add more cream.



  Once the sauce is right, add the parmesan cheese and stir through. 



 Taste again and see if you  need more parmesan or salt and add what is required. 



Images by me



1 comment:

  1. Are You Having Problems FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Get your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete