Pages

Saturday 22 September 2012

The GC.

IM BACK!!!!!!!!

I have been super lazy/busy and have not posted for maybe 3 weeks?!  Pretty poor effort.  I have been to the GC and back, we have been looking at appartments/ properties for next year and I havent cooked in 2 weeks!  2 WEEKS!  Its crazy.... I have no motivation!

When I was over on the GC I did some cooking for my grandmother.  It was sooooooo fun.  My beautiful sister Bree and I spent 6 hours in the kitchen cooking up a storm (and drinking our weight in wine) It was great!  Then we woke up with a hangover!


So the highlight of my trip aside from seeing my family and the shopping (6kg's over the limit :S) was Dan Murphy's.  That shop rules.  $2.99 for a bottle of wine! (I probably wouldnt drink it) but it reminded me how cheep things are in Australia. 

 I think we are going to move to the Gold Coast!


FUCK YEAH! Cheap Wine and a three legged goat..



So here is a recipe for you all.  A tip from Bree- Add milk and cream, it will make the quiche go further!

Salmon Quiche (crust-less)


Ingredients:

Treat this like a pizza.  Add whatever you think is needed.

12 eggs
250 grams of smoked salmon (we used hot smoked and cold smoked)
1/3 of a cup cream
1/3 of a cup of milk
1/2 a red onion
200gms-250gms of cream cheese (just use whatever is needed)
1/2 a bag of sliced baby spinach


Method:

Whisk the eggs.



scoop the cream cheese into wee balls and add to a bowl

Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl, add to them to the cake tins.  Use a spoon to ensure all the ingredients are spread through evenly.



Heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.  Add the tins to the oven and leave for about 30 mins (fan forced).  Keep an eye on this, it may take longer.  If it does, get a knife and poke it till it the knife comes out clear.




Images by me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment