Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

Pulled Pork- Round 2

I have being doing alot of "round 2" attempts lately.  Sometimes I will cook a dish and it will be good, but I know it has more potential.  That's when I go back to the drawing board.  Last time I did this with Coke and BBQ sauce.  It was too sweet.  This recipe is much better.  This is something I really like about blogging, I can have a diary of what I cook and always strive to improve what I do.  Its sooo motivating.

This recipe is quite spicy which is why I loved it so much.  I literately ate it for lunch 3 days in a row!


Well enough of my insipid babble...

Ingredients

1.5kgs of Pork Shoulder
1 tspn of Cayenne Pepper (obsessed much)
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/3 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Medium Onion diced
1/4 Cup Tomato paste
2 Tbsp.  smoked paprika
2 Tbsp.  Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. hot english mustard
1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Tsp. Black pepper
1 large finely sliced char grilled capsicum
Whole egg mayonaise
Barkers spicy eggplant relish (I love this stuff!!!!)
Bread rolls (ciabatta recommended)


Method

In the slowcooker stir ketchup, vinegar, tomato paste, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper until combined. 





 Add pork to sauce mixture and turn to coat well with sauce.  





Add the chopped onion on the side.






Cover slow cooker with lid and cook pork mixture on the low setting for 12 hours.
With tongs, transfer the pork to a large chopping board. 
Get 2 forks and shread the pork, discard the bones and unwanted fat. 






Turn the slow cooker on high and add the shreaded pork back into the sauce in the slow cooker. 





 Make sure that all the pork is cover by the sauce so that it marinates.  Leave it on high for an hour or so.  The sauce should thicken.

Spoon mixture on top of your favorite bun and add whole egg mayo, char grilled capsicum and Barkers Spicy egplant relish.


Images by me





No comments:

Post a Comment